#1 Read FIRST
Welcome to the application to the E3 Robotics Teams. We are looking to set the standards of what a robotics program should look like. We want to build upon the knowledge year after year as the student grow older with the program. Once a student is a part of the program they will be a part of the program the following years as long as they choose to be. This means open spots will only be available if there is an opening on a team.
We will be adding some teams to our program this year as we grow.
FIRST LEGO League Jr - 2nd-4th Students
- 4-6 teams Meet on Mondays
- Meetings are 1 hour a week. 6-7pm)
- Team have up to 4 students on them
- Have roughly 20 open spots
- Cost is $100 per student on a team (Students are encouraged to find a local sponsor)
FIRST LEGO League - 4th-8th Students (Teams are Limited this year
- Will meet twice a week for 2 hours each meeting
- Have 3 time slots open for new teams to form.
- Team can have up to 10 members.
- For a team to form we need 2 parents to become coaches for the team.
- Cost is $200 per student on a team (Students are encouraged to find a local sponsor)
FIRST Tech Challenge - 8th-12th
- Will meet at least 2 nights for 2-3 hours
- 3-4 Teams with 6-12 Students per team
- Up to a total of 48 students.
- Cost is $400 (minimum) per student Teams, and must fundraise what they spend as a team (Teams must find local sponsors)
What we look for and expect.
- Students to abide by the Core Values of FIRST.
- We want students and parents with a passion for the robotics program
- We do not discriminate and we are looking for students with many skills, backgrounds, and ideas.
- We are looking for students that will have parents that will be involved and supportive of their students in the robotics programs.
- We expect students to make 80% of the meetings and for parents to attend at least 20% meetings to support the teams and students.